Cannabis is known for its exceptionally long list of health benefits. Whether you rely on the herb to relieve you of long-term pain or to kick back at the end of a stressful day, you don’t necessarily have to treat it like a medication. Did you know that consuming weed can be fun?
We are not only talking about the delicious CBD gummies that have been taking over the market or the number of new cannabis products you hear about daily. We are talking about cooking your favorite recipes with the herb as the “magic ingredient.”
In this blog, we will introduce you to some mouth-watering summery dishes infused with cannabis! This way, you do not have to keep looking for the perfect product, you can just make one that satisfies your taste buds. So, let’s quickly dive into the blog!
Also Read – Making Cannabis Butter at Home
Amp Up These Summer Recipes With Cannabis
As the season is nearing its end, make sure you try out these delicious recipes while the ingredients are still available and the weather is just right!
Strawberry Tincture Popsicles
Who doesn’t love popsicles? You can now turn these delicious treats into a healthy snack option. To attempt this recipe, you need:
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 7 ounces coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- A mold to make popsicles
- 1.5 cup fresh strawberries
- Cannabis tincture of your choice
Once you have gathered the listed ingredients, follow these steps:
- Wash the strawberries thoroughly and hull them
- Add the fruits to a food processor or a blender, until they reach a smooth and runny consistency.
- Ass 1 tbsp. sugar to the blender and run the blender/ food processor once more so that the sugar is mixed well.
- Grab a separate bowl to mix the coconut milk, vanilla extract, and another tablespoon of sugar.
- Add your preferred dose of CBD or THC tincture. You can add more than what you usually consume as it is going to be divided into six popsicles.
- So, for instance, if you want 10 mg CBD or THC per popsicle, then add 60 mg for six popsicles.
- Perform this step carefully – add a little of the strawberry mixture and then the coconut milk mixture. Keep alternating until the whole mold is filled.
- Add sticks and keep the mold in the freezer for four hours.
You can now enjoy your delicious strawberry-cannabis popsicles and beat the heat!
Fruit and Nuts Salad
Make your salads even healthier by infusing them with marijuana! Plus, this recipe is super easy and refreshing! You can use it as a snack or a side dish to share with the adults at the dinner table. For this recipe, you will need the following:
- 6 oz. cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 mangoes – sliced
- ¼ chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup almonds – toasted
- ¼ cup infused coconut oil
- 1 avocado – cut into smaller pieces
- Cannabis oil – packaged or prepare at home
- Combine all the fruits, and greens in a bowl and shred some cheese, almonds, and avocados on the top.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in the bowl and mix well with spoons.
- In a separate container, add the vinegar, coconut oil, and cannabis oil.
- This recipe is meant for serving four people, so make sure you add the cannabis accordingly.
- Shake the liquids well before drizzling the mixture on top of the salad. Mix well with the spoons again.
And voila! Your cannabis salad is ready in less than 10 minutes! Remember, whenever you’re cooking with cannabis, it is important to be careful with the dose as too much of the herb can cause undesirable effects.
Most importantly, make sure you know what you’re doing to avoid overdosing. If you are an Ohio resident and don’t have a medical card, visit the Ohio MMJ Card Doctor. We provide online consultations with state-certified doctors to help you consume marijuana safely.
Now let’s look at a more filling recipe that you can even have as a small meal while on the go or when you’re just a little hungry and need that quick boost of energy from weed.
This is a versatile and mouth-watering savory dish with a lot of flavors. You can alter it according to your preferences by simply tweaking the ingredients list a bit. This recipe serves four adults, and you will need:
- 4 large sized bell peppers
- About 500 grams of beef/ chicken – or a vegetarian alternative such as tofu or mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. onions – chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 clove of garlic – finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh tomato sauce
- ½ cup of cheese – shredded
- ½ cup coconut oil infused with cannabis
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the meantime, cut open the stems of the bell peppers and remove the membrane and seeds inside them.
- Add the peppers to a pot filled with water, ensuring that they are all submerged. Boil them for about two minutes. Drain the water and keep the peppers aside.
- Get a large pan to thoroughly cook your meat/ meat alternative and onions. Add the rice, garlic, a cup of tomato sauce, and the coconut oil infused with cannabis to the pan and mix.
- When the above-mentioned mixture is cooked, add it directly to the peppers.
- Set the peppers upright on a baking tray and pour the remaining tomato sauce over them.
- Cover them lightly with foil and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes more, at the same settings. If you feel that they will get tender before that, you can also retrieve them early.
- Shred the cheese and sprinkle over the peppers. Enjoy!
A Few Tips to Keep In Mind While Cooking With Cannabis
If you are new to cooking with cannabis, it is best to keep the following in mind.
- Use good quality flower; it doesn’t have to be top-shelf and expensive, but go for something that’s mid-range or higher.
- Calculate the dosage properly to avoid any unpleasant experiences.
- Mix well so you do not have some servings with higher weed and others with close to none.
- Don’t heat the flower to more than 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
As long as you keep these tips in mind and get medical advice, you should be good to go!